- 1 Project Summary
- 2 Hardware
- 3 Software Revisions
- 4 How to
- 5 Tips and Tricks
- 6 Common Problems
The Cr-48 is the test notebook Google designed for the Pilot program. It's the first of its kind.
It's ready when you are, booting in about 10 seconds and resuming from sleep instantly. There’s built-in Wi-Fi and 3G, so you can stay connected everywhere, and a webcam for video chat. The vibrant 12-inch LCD display, full-size keyboard and oversized touchpad let you enjoy the web comfortably. And at just 3.8 pounds with over eight hours of active usage and a week of standby time, it’s easy to take along for the ride.
What did we leave out? Spinning disks, caps-lock key, function keys, and lap burns.
The Cr-48 is available exclusively to participants in the Pilot program.
The pilot program is available at: http://www.google.com/chromeos/pilot-program.html
The CR48 runs Google's Chrome Operating system. None of your files are stored on the PC, they're all stored in the cloud.
To keep it synced with the cloud, it includes a wifi connection, and a verizon 3G modem (which comes with 100MB/month for 2 years, for beta testers).
- Processor: Intel Atom Processor N455 1.66GHz 512K Cache
- Chipset: Intel CG82NM10 PCH
- Motherboard: Tripod Motherboard MARIO – 6050A240910 – MB – A03
- Ram: Hynix 2GB DDR3 1Rx8 PC3 – 10600S Ram
- Read Only Memory: ITE IT8500E Flash ROM
- SSD Drive: SanDisk sdsa4dh-016G 16GB SATA SSD
- Wireless Wan: Qualcomm Gobi2000 PCI Express Mini Card
- 3g Adapter: AzureWave 802.11 a/b/g/n PCI-E Half MiniCard
- Bluetooth: Atheros AR5BBU12 Bluetooth V2.1 EDR
- GPS: Gobi 2000 3G Modem
- Integrated Webcam: VGA - 640x480
- Display: 12.1 inches
- Screen Resolution: 1,280X800 pixels
- Keyboard: 74 keys
- Pointing device: Track-pad (Multi-touch)
- Ambient light sensor
- 1 USB (right side)
- 1 SD (right side)
- 1 3.5mm headphone jack (right side)
- 1 Power jack (right side)
- 1 VGA (left side)
- 1 Sim card slot (underneath the battery)
The CR-48 has no built in facilities for hooking directly to a printer, instead, it prints via Google Cloud print. Currently with cloud printing, you need to have a computer hooked to your printer that is currently powered on.
Install Different Programs
Root the Device
Tips and Tricks
- Static in audio after update (SOLVED in latest updates)
- Timezone wont change (SOLVED in latest updates)
- Google searches crash (SOLVED in latest updates)
- Proxy settings take forever to detect (SOLVED in latest updates)